- Connecting to Coston does not work on Firefox Browser
Follow this guide to get set up for the BETA Test/Contest.
- In order to interact with Smart Contracts of Flare you download Metamask . (https://metamask.io/download.html)
2. After installing MetaMask create a new wallet. Don’t forget to record your private keys as MetaMask is non-custodial if you lose your keys, your wallet can’t be recovered.
3. Now that we have MetaMask installed we must connect MetaMask to Flare’s Coston Test Network. Click the MetaMask icon in the top right corner of your browser.
4. In order to connect to Coston we must create a custom RPC.
Click the “Ethereum Mainnet” dropdown menu. Select “Custom RPC”
5. Entering the following fields:
- Network Name: Coston Test Network
- New RPC URL: https://costone.flare.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
- Chain ID: 1
- Symbol: FLR
6. Now that we have connected to Coston, you can easily switch between Ethereum and Coston by clicking back to the network selection bar.
7. After selecting Coston Test Network, we will now create a new Coston address. Click the circle in the top right corner of Metamask then click “Create Account”.
8. To see the tokens:
Click the “Add Token” button, the click then “Custom Token” tab.
Enter the following addresses for each into the token contract field.
Adding FF Tokens to MetaMask Each token has a contract address which you will need to manually add as a custom token in MetaMask:
(These are old token addresses)
Thank you for your participation!
Best of Luck